Codeine is a type of pain killer and cold medicine used to treat severe pain or cold and allergy symptoms by preventing pain signals from transmitting to the brain nerves. Also, it turns out as a cure for analgesic and antiperistatical pains by reducing the pain and discomfort.
However, people usually take a heavy dose of this pain killer to reduce pain, which may lead to drowsiness, depression, and sedation, so it is necessary to use it according to the doctor’s advice.
Moreover, you can easily find this medicine online as well as in the pharmaceutical store. Also, the Codeine cough syrup supplier online provides higher quality medicine to treat the pain. This article will highlight some of the effects of using codeine cough syrup and its uses.
Types of Codeine
Codeine can be intake in the form of tablets, syrup, or liquid, according to the doctor’s prescription, to avoid drowsiness and sedation.
- Codeine tablet which contains 20 to 60 mg of Codeine.
- Codeine cough syrup, which contains 5ml of Codeine.
- Doctors can only give codeine injections.
The Codeine is usually not given to children under 18 aged also to people who have some allergies. Moreover, it is necessary to take the doctor’s advice before any health issues like lung problems, kidney problems, an enlarged prostate, underactive thyroid gland, and low blood pressure issues.
Four primary effect caused due to codeine intake
People use Codeine cough syrup to reduce the pain as it contains opioid narcotic, which relieves body pain. There is some significant effect caused due to the intake of Codeine.
- Effect antitussive activities, prevent cough prevention, insomnia, and diseases like tuberculosis.
- Intake of codeine cough syrup reduces intestinal motility, which is abnormal intestinal contractions. However, the excessive use of Codeine by intestinal motility patients may lead to bowel disease.
- It also affects the respiratory system, but heavy may lead to respiratory system depression.
- It also controls the blood pressure when the right quantity of Codeine is intake.
Uses and side-effects of Codeine
- It is used to treat several mild cold symptoms.
- It is used in operations or injuries.
- It is also included in aspirin, paracetamol, and ibuprofen to relieve body pain and flu.
- It is also used to prevent diarrhea and symptoms.
However, the use of Codeine for a more extended time result in some unpleasant withdrawal symptoms such as agitation, anxiousness, body shaking, and sweating. Also, you will feel sleepy, dizzy, and sick. In addition to this, usually in pregnancy, this medicine is not given to avoid any severe health issues.
Further, there are some severe side effects of Codeine when you overdose it intake. You should consult your doctor if you have any impact like short-shallow breathing, low blood pressure with dizziness, seizures, muscle stiffness, and allergic reaction such as anaphylaxis.